Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Pissed Off

That's right, you heard me.

I'm pissed off.

But first, how I became so angry...

During my formative years, I sat and listened to my father and brother talk politics at our dinner table, always with a chip on their shoulder when a Democrat was involved. I usually just sat and twirled my fork around on my plate, waiting for the seemingly never-ending discussion to come to its natural closing. I never really listened, or even remotely paid attention. I was as apathetic as I could possibly be.

After I started college and began my ascension into adulthood, the absurdity I witnessed from my wildly liberal professors and their doting, eager-to-please students was always accompanied in my mind by bits and pieces of those childhood, dinner table conversations. They were slowly re-emerging, competing with the words and actions of those America-hating, liberal professors and my aggressively liberal classmates, who would sooner shout me down and call me a Nazi than listen to anyone who challenged their views.

At the end of the day, I could not make my peers' and professors' words make sense.

From then on, I began to casually follow the news and other goings on on Capital Hill. I read books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Those conversations my brother and father had during my youth? I began having them with my father, too. By the time I graduated from college and was "on my own," I could categorize myself as "Conservative," with a fair amount of knowledge, which allowed me to carry on political conversations and defend my views.

Now - fast forward with me to November 2008 - the election of Barack Obama.

I had a bad feeling about him from the start - a "wolf in sheep's clothing" was the best way I could describe my strange intuition. He said the right things, and sounded and looked sharp while he said them. People hung onto his every word. He was just too slick. No one should trust anyone that slick.

As his presidency went on, my feelings proved true. Tax cuts for hard-working Americans? No where in sight. Bridge the partisan gap? We are more divided now than ever. As the country's animosity grew at the same mind-bending pace as the Federal deficit, my frustration grew along side both.

Then, the health care bill passed.

...and that was it for me. If you've read this far, I don't think I need to expound any further.

Since then, I have created a Conservative presence on Twitter, joined my local Young Republicans group, and now - to add to my resume - am blogging.

What can you expect to find here? I'll take aim at local, state, and national politicians, and zero in on all of their absolute nonsense. While it's clear my entries will be written from a Conservative POV, I don't do personal smearing. I don't care what Michelle Obama wears or what Nancy Pelosi looks like without make-up. I don't care how much a politician weighs and I could care less about their marital problems. I only care about what they do with taxpayer money on taxpayer time.

So there you have it. That's me. Read if you want to, don't if you don't. But if find yourself in my corner of The Interwebs, I can assure you, there will be plenty of smart-assery and snark to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment